BabyFruit Ticker

Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Tisket, A Tasket...


I will have more words on here later, but for now, know this:

  • I feel much better. I am healing, but not healed.

  •  I am resting, and letting friends and family help me.

  •  I do not like not having the best kept house in the world, but it is lived in, and it is home.

  • I haven't been to school in 2 weeks, and I am going nuts. I feel guilty, kind of depressed, and very anxious about not being there. My standards for myself are too high, and I am working on that.

  • I am looking forward to celebrating my 2 year anniversary with James tomorrow. I can't believe it's been 2 years and I still think to myself, "Omg... I married James McGilvray?! How did that even happen?" There have been many mountain tops, and many valleys that we have walked through together, but the good times always outweigh the bad. It is scary and exciting all at the same time. I love the fact that I married my friend who also happens to be the love of my life. I'm constantly amazed at how far we have come as individuals, a couple, and a family. I am so blessed to have him in my life.


For our anniversary, we gave each other this:
It is a king size sleep number bed with a Tempur-Pedic pillowtop. It won't be shipped to our house for another few weeks, but we are SO excited!!! Hey- your 2nd anniversary gift is supposed to be cotton, right? ;-)

  • So, in the past week(ish) here are a few pics of what I have been up to. I haven't done much, but I have started decorating Maddison's nursery. I am having a BLAST I might add!!!
  •  
Here we go...
27 weeks {for Mary Marcum} :-)


27 weeks at home


Parking just for me. Love this!!!

At the beginning of my "Crafting for Maddison" day.


Door Wreath Before

Door Wreath After (Still not complete. I got tired of tying ribbons and moved another a different project!)



Initials before

Initials after (Probably my favorite!!!) I plan to hang this on the wall above Maddi's crib.
 

I forgot to take a picture of the before. This was a gold UGLY dollar store frame ($3.00)  that I spray painted ($2.00), screwed a few mug hooks ($2.00) , and stapled ribbon ($2.00) into. Total cost: $9.00


It's a cute bow frame now! :-) (Thanks for Lindsay Foster for making Maddison her first bows!!!)




So I had this amazing idea for this canvas. It looked REALLY good, too. But then I decided to write on it. I didn't know I bought the wrong king of pen until it was too late, and it bled everywhere. I tried to fix it the best I could without throwing it out in the front yard. (I was in tears and had to have my mom talk me out of tossing it into the dumpster.) At least it was made with LOVE!!!



I saw some lamps at a store like this, and vowed if I ever found the perfect shade, I would replicate it. Hello dollar store shade ($5.00) and stand ($7.00). The boa was from Hobby Lobby ($3.00). Thus, this was a $15.00 lamp. So fun!

This was the inspiration for the entire nursery. By far the most expensive item, until the crib arrives that is...

My mom and I made a Wal-Mart run. I'm not as energetic as I once was. With water in tote, feet propped up on the Sprite, and the best people watching seat in the house, I was feeling much better.

Although I didn't make this, it might be my favorite only because this is PawPaw's first gift to his first granddaughter. :-)

I have an appointment, (glucose test too), on Friday with Dr. Robbins. I will be back on here later with more info!

Y'all KEEP PRAYING! It's working!!!

2 comments: