BabyFruit Ticker

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

If you squint, stand on one leg, tilt your head to the left and cover one eye, you can clearly see I'M PREGNANT!!!



So, I am just over 3 months preggo, and it is more obvious to me that a piece of spinach stuck in someone’s front teeth as they are talking to me. I keep finding myself frustrated, yet relieved when people can’t tell that I’m pregnant. I can look down at my once completely flat tummy, and see this bump that has never been there before and wonder, “How on earth can you not tell?!” Here are some examples to back up my frustration and sometimes relief.



While at the mall last week, I sashayed into a cute little junior’s boutique and scanned the goods. I found several cute capris and a couple of semi-long shorts. I walked into a dressing room and feeling like one of those cutesy pregnant women you see walking down the street, I pulled the shorts up, and then… it hit me. My body is busy preparing for this baby, and the skimpy blue jean shorts that have always been my go-to item for summer fashion were no longer on my list of summer favs. I couldn’t even get the dang zipper up, much less button them. So what do I do? I’m determined…

I goand find the next size up like any rational 27 year old pregnant woman shopping in a junior’s boutique would do. I get them in the dressing room, and faced pretty much the same problem only this time- I got them zipped, but buttoning them was sure to suffocate my unhatched chicken. I’m a stickler for putting clothes back where I found them, but this day, I left everything laying in the dressing room, off the hangers, and just walked out. I was kind of frazzled, but not even close to complaining. I adore my little peach, and am happy to provide some cushion for him or her. I ended up coming home with 4 maternity shirts that actually look like regular shirts, but are super comfy stretch cotton-like material.


Something else that peaks my interest is this: Will I still be getting hit on when I’ve got a basketball under my shirt? Sometimes I think that some men see my wedding ring and think that it came from a cracker jack box and I’m just pretending to be married. Seriously. It’s like my ring is actually a sign that says, “I’m not really married. I’m just wearing this to make you think I’m unavailable, so please, proceed with the lame pick-up lines, and make yourself look like an idiot by trying to get me to think you’re a stud”. While at the horseraces Sunday, a gentleman was lingering beside me while I was dipping my strawberries in the chocolate fondue. (Yes, the strawberries were amazing. Be jealous.) I had chosen to wear very baggy khaki colored linen pants, and a strapless pink flowy cotton shirt. The necklace I chose to wear always is multi colored and has a huge cross as the centerpiece. It almost always gets compliments, but this guy was a little over the top on complimenting my attire. (And yes, he was straight). First he mentioned something about me getting chocolate on my pants, and how it would be hard to get that stain out. Then he went on to say that he thought my pants would be airy and cool, even though it was really hot outside. I agreed that they were. Then, he went for the necklace.

I won’t lie. I had some cleavage showing, but not much. My shirt wasn’t tight, and I didn’t look like a skank or anything. As he stared at my necklace (which I’m pretty sure was a lame excuse for him to be a creeper), he asked me where I got it because it was beautiful. I told him Sam Moon, and I tried not to be rude as I was focusing on dipping my 5 strawberries into the chocolate, and this guy didn’t slow down. He asked if I was there with anyone and I quickly said, “Yes. My husband surprised me with these tickets.” I guess after my confirmation of being married, he threw in the towel. He told us to have fun and then went on about his business. I chuckled and wondered if this was the last time I would have this issue. I suppose in my mind, I assume I will transform into the hideous Fiona or Shrek look alike in the coming months. We shall see.


I’m not sure if the previos story was an example of frustration or relief, but this next one is relief. This weekend, Jim and I decided to go for a swim, and I have yet to buy a new swimsuit. (It didn’t even cross my mind while at the mall last week.) So I squeezed my top half into a bikini, and went to the pool. While we were swimming, he complimented my body and said that if he didn’t know me, there was no way he could tell I was pregnant. Now, if that isn’t a compliment , then I don’t know what is. I was impressed with his words, and filed them in his “Things to think of when Jim makes me mad” file for use on a later date. Although there are times when I want to look pregnant because I think it will make me have more of a bond with Baby M, I am glad that when in a string bikini, I don’t look 3 months pregnant. Thank you God for timing Baby M when you did. Maybe I can get through this bikini season without feeling like a beached whale!!!


So yesterday, I had to go to Denton for a few school related things, and return a book to TWU before 6:00pm. (For those of you who have been out of school for a while, there is this new program called Rent-a-Text. You pay half price, and turn the book in at the end of the semester. Pretty cool, right?) Anyway, since I was going to Denton, I asked my mom and Grandma to join me for a day of fun after I was finished at the school. They agreed, and after my business was taken care of, we went and had lunch, and headed to the mall. I was really wishing that we knew if Baby M was a boy or a girl, because for the first time, I let myself wander through the baby departments at the department stores. Seriously. If I wasn’t already pregnant, walking though those sections would make me want a baby ASAP. I decided on my nursery colors for sure after looking at all the clothing. Although it’s only been a couple of months since I found out I was pregnant, I haven’t let myself think of anything to permanent just in case God decided that He needed Baby M more than I did. After hearing my Dr. say it’s okay to start buying stuff, I can’t wait until August 1, 2011!!!


I got I text from Jim that said, "Don't ask questions. What size swimsuit do you wear. Top and bottom" I wanted to ask what int he world he wanted to know that for, but I followed directions, and told him. When I got home, I had forgotten about his inquiry, and here's what I found.

Brownie points!!!


I will leave you with these thoughts that I’ve been having about nesting. How do you know when it’s nesting? Is that something that happened throughout the pregnancy, or just toward the end? I’ve been cleaning my house and several people have commented that I’m “nesting”. Just curious. Maybe Jim is nesting too. He is building a shop with a big carport so that we can have storage space for our office/storage/spare bedroom when we start on the nursery. (oh em gee. There is going to be a nursery in my house!) He is too cute. He really has been helping out a lot around the house. Bless his heart-I haven’t cooked a meal in over a month now. He has been living off of sandwiches and cereal, and whatever KK has to serve a lunch. Hahaha! I’m not kidding.


Baby M is the size of a peach this week. I love it. My little peach-just keep on growing…


My Little Peach!!!

Keep praying- it’s working.

3 comments:

  1. The bad news, yes, even with a basketball under your shirt, you will probably be getting hit on. I'm not pregnant, but I get really uncomfortable and offended when hit on, I assume those two rings on my left hand would mean something to any man that sees them, but I just don't know, and I too, don't want to be rude, but I still can help but wonder, barring not seeing the ring, how they have the audacity to hit on a happily married woman!
    So glad you've got the go ahead to enjoy the shopping portion, and you're very right about going into that section and it making you want a baby asap, anytime my hubby wants to go to Toys r us for video games, I always wander to the babies r us side and sit in the rocking chairs and dream a little ;), keep the posts up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first part of your post made me think of my brother's statement, "So you think it's serious??" Ha I miss you and love staying updated via your blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a present for my niece/nephew. Something that surpasses the aggy garb that he/she seems to be inundated with.

    ReplyDelete