BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Did someone say pizza?

So, I got up yesterday and got ready for work. I grabbed a cute pair of capri slacks that I haven't worn in a while, and tried to put them on. I buttoned them and figured they would loosen out through the day. You know what I mean. When you wear something and about the time you eat lunch, it is loosened up enough that it's comfortable to sit behind your desk? Well anyway, I walked out the door thinking that I would be comfortable by mid- morning. 

Since I am only about 6 weeks pregnant, I have convinced myself that the cleaners are shrinking my pants!!!

Week 6
I haven't shared this picture with too many people, but a few have said that I shouldn't be showing yet. I am fully aware that I shouldn't be, but I AM!!! I am torn between thinking that it is just my body retaining water, or maybe I'm just full from eating all. the. time. My mom is dead set on the fact that there are two Baby M's inside of me right now. I told her this morning that I suppose that would make them M&M's. lol. I'm not sure what to think. I just want a healthy baby. I don't care what he/she/they are/is. lol

So, when I say I eat all the time, I am serious. Today, I had 2 eggs, 2 pieces of sausage, and a handful of blackberries for breakfast. When I got to work, I ate a grapefuit, and some animal crackers. Before lunch I had Triscuits with melted cheese and a dozen cherry tomatoes.  I munched on some almonds while I enjoyed a refreshing 7-Up with lime and by this time, lunch was ready. (Yes my friends, lunch hasn't even arrived yet. I'm like a garbage disposal!!!) Pizza Hut was delivered in my office for a meeting, and I helped myself to 2 pieces. Okay, 3. You got me. 

My co-worker, Chrissy, and I had to go to several schools in Decatur, so we decided to stop by Dairy Queen. I went ahead and ordered a mini oreo blizzard and justified it by saying that "Baby M wants some oreos". 

 
I think this could become a bad habit...
Fast forward to quittin' time...
I was wanting something chocolatey, and I remembered that I bought a Twix last week and it was in my purse. I dug down deep in the bottomless pit because I figured Baby M needed to experience the awesomeness of a Twix. I found it, and as soon as I felt it's shape, I knew that it had gotten way too hot at some point from the time of purchase. Oops. I left my purse in my truck for a few hours, and forgot about my snack! This Texas heat had caused severe deformities with my afternoon delight, but I was willing to take the risk, and I opened it anyway. Sure enough, it was no longer two separate pieces of candy, but it was merged into one scrumptious giant bar.As I bit into it, I was surprised at how fulfilling it was. I think that I might actually do this on purpose next time.

Melted Twix isn't that bad. I actually LIKE it!!!





I do want to mention that with my "shrinking pants" situation, I have the best administrative assistant EVER! It just so happens that she is a mother of three with her youngest being born just one year ago. She and I are close in size, and to my surprise, I came into my office and this is what I found!

11 pair of really cute gently worn maternity capri pants!!!

As weird as it may sound, I am still fighting the urge to try these on. I know they won't fit just yet, but I am completely excited!!! 

As my day comes to a close, James and I are coming to the two week mark for my first sonogram. I can't wait!!! 
I hope I can wait two long weeks. Our little sweet pea is supposed to be sprouting eyes, ears, a nose, cheeks, and a chin this week. Also, it's little seasme seed sized heart should be beating about 120 beats per minute. 

Absolutely. Amazing. 

Keep praying for us. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Um you forgot to mention how the poor pizza was stuck in a meeting for two hours until the other excellent administrative assistant rescued it.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can honestly say I don't think I have ever seen you eat that much in one day but keep it up girlie. That babies needs all of those important nutrients (yes I said nutrients) that it can get, including chocolate. By snacking throughout the day like that I am certain that you will maintain your cute little figure and have the most adorable basketball belly! Can't wait to see you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This completely cracked me up!! No shame in eating Heather. Being pregnant is a wonderful thing, take full advantage of it. And just FYI. I know I am a LOT bigger then you to begin with, but with pregnancies 1 and 3 I immediately started showing. Was in maternity clothes with Camdyn by 8 weeks. So who cares what everyone tells you, every one's body's are different! ENJOY IT!

    ReplyDelete